Search This Blog

Monday, July 11, 2016

Where should I stay on Koh Phi Phi and how long is needed?

I'm travelling to Thailand in December for three weeks with my partner.
I'm looking for advice on how long to stay in Phi Phi for and what the best area to stay in would be as Google is giving me some very conflicting information.
Time wise, we can spend anywhere from 1-5 nights here but I'd rather not stay longer than needed as I'd rather dedicate more time to Phuket.
We would like to be near the bars and nightlife if possible.
Any recommendations would be great on time/areas!

Answer to; Where should I stay on Koh Phi Phi

If you want the nightlife I would recommend 2 locations. Tonsai village has most of the islands accommodations and the best nightlife (nightlife around Reggae Bar / Dojo in the main village early evening and the moves over  to Loh Dalum Beach 200m away, still in the main village)

The other location is Long beach which is 10 minutes longtail boat away or a 40 minute walk along the shore. Longtails run all night but at a premium after 12pm.

I work for PP Cocos in the main vilalge just under the mountains , 4 minutes from the nightlife beach so obviously big that guesthouse up.. LOL.

Useful links

Phi Phi Island cheap accommodation


Dramatic scenery at Tonsai Village the main village of Koh Phi Phi
Dramatic scenery at Tonsai Village the main village of Koh Phi Phi

Viewpoint picture of Tonsai Village the main village of Koh Phi Phi
Viewpoint picture of Tonsai Village the main village of Koh Phi Phi
Long Beach 10 min from the main pier
Long Beach 10 min from the main pier


Answer to: how long is needed on Koh Phi Phi?

How long is a piece of string? If you like water sports and nightlife you can get into a fun mix of party and then do an afternoon sunset adventure. Many people find the fact that they can walk every where is charming and addictive. The number of times I have heard, ' I just came for a few days and I am still coming hear after all these years'. I did the same 24 years ago!

I think you have got to stay 4 days to do the island justice. I would do a dive, snorkel with the sharks, a booze cruise, and kayak. I would want to visit Maya Bay, Bamboo Island and Viewpoint. The list goes on.


Check out these useful links.

Best of Phi Phi Island



Shark watch snorkeling on Long Beach, Koh Phi Phi
Shark watch snorkeling on Long Beach, Koh Phi Phi

Longtail with Phi Phi Ley in the background
Longtail with Phi Phi Ley in the background

Bamboo island

Cliff jumping
Maya Bay

Follow or Subscribe to RussellAbroad to see what is happening on Koh Phi Phi.

No comments:

Post a Comment